Hi, I am Dr. Nabiha Gill, Founder of Gill Lifestyle Medical and Wellness, Founding member Indiana lifestyle medicine Network. I have almost 20 years experience in medical practice with Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Wholistic and Integrative management, interdisciplinary pain rehab, chronic disease management/pain/obesity, whole health expertise, Lifestyle Medicine expertise with board certification with American Board of Lifestyle Medicine and Whole Food Plant based nutrition certified and personal successful experience of reversing prediabetes, hyperlipidemia and losing almost 40 lbs with Lifestyle Medicine interventions. I am member of American College of Lifestyle Medicine and Indiana Lifestyle Medicine Network.
Happy to help others with evidence based Lifestyle Medicine interventions education and wellness awareness and inspiration with personal success story and journey.
Please see links: references below for studies how and why Lifestyle Medicine is the key to prevent/reverse chronic diseases and also the key to get out of this pandemic.
1. AMA Press release April/26/21- 6 Lifestyle changes patients should make to prevent heart disease
2. The combined effects of healthy lifestyle behaviors on all cause mortality: a systematic review and meta-Analysis
Prev Med. 2012 Sep;55(3):163-70
3. Association of major dietary protein sources with all cause mortality: Prospective cohort study
Yangho Sun et, al; Journal of American Heart Association;24, Feb 2021
4. Ultra processed food intake and and cardiovascular disease incidence in Framingham Offspring Study
Juul, F, et al. J Am Coll Cardiology. 2021;77(12):1520-31
5. Coronavirus disease 2019 hospitalizations attributable to cardio metabolic conditions in the US: A comparative risk assessment analysis
Meghan O’Hearn et, al; Journal of American Heart Association;25,Feb 2021
6. WHO backed report released in March 2021 concludes that 9 out of 10 COVID deaths have occurred in country with high obesity level
Source: Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource center, WHO Global Health Observatory
7. Do an altered Gut Microbiota and an associated leaky gut affect COVID-19 severity. Heenam Kim et, al; American Society for Microbiology, Jan.Feb 2021
8. Alteration in Gut Microbiota of Patients with COVID-19 during time of hospitalization
Zuo et al; Gastroentrology, May 19 2020
9. Reduction in the incidence of type 2 Diabetes with Lifestyle interventions or Metformin- Diabetes Prevention Program Research Group. William C Knowler at al; 346(6):393, Feb,7,2002, NEJM
10. Health effects of dietary risks in 195 countries, 1995-2017: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2017
The Lancet, vol 393, issue 10184, P1958-1972, May 11 2019
11. Less than 3 percent of Americans live a healthy lifestyle- May clinic proceedings, April 2016, Vol 91, Issue 4, Pages 432-444
12. Diet is the leading cause of chronic disease and disability. JAMA. 2013; 310(6):591-606